Welcome to Corners of the Internet, and also, Friday, my favorite day of the week.
Here’s an interesting tidbit for you. I have always been an early morning person – it’s hard for me to really sleep in, and I am most alert and productive before noon. But I have been waking up really, REALLY early lately (like 5am), which means I’ve been feeling out of sorts with not enough sleep. Finally, Drew recommended the oldest trick in the book – not bring my phone with me to bed, and try and go back to sleep instead of messing around online when I wake at an unreasonable time.
And of course, the sleep trick I’ve heard literally a million times worked like a charm.
I was also always under the impression that couples who go to bed at the same time are supposed to be happier, or healthier or something. Turns out, totally not true.
In other news, let’s talk Myers-Briggs. I’m an ESTJ, and I just found out that in my immediate family, all of my siblings are extroverts. No wonder visitors find us overwhelming. If you are interested in learning more about Myers-Briggs, or would like to know your type, here are some of my favorite resources:
- 16 Personalities, offers a free test and lots of great insight around the types
- The Sorta Awesome podcast is one of my faves these days and Megan and friends talk regularly about Myers-Briggs
- The Personality Hacker website and podcast are run by two Myers-Briggs professionals and they go deep on the types, their components and all of the other intricacies
I’m finally reading The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up (here in the UK, the title drops the word ‘up’). I know most of her philosophy already, thanks to hoards of friends telling me all about it, but wanted to try out some of her techniques. Today, I’m tackling my closet.
I am already a big fan of the capsule wardrobe and have really pared back my clothes a ton over the past few years. I hope after today I have some clothes remaining.
If you want a primer on the capsule wardrobe, I started back with Project 333. Then the blog Un-fancy came along and the concept became hugely popular. A few other bloggers have taken up the cause and have great capsules to look through. And now, there’s even a service (currently in beta testing) that will help you create your own capsule using a few style and color details. So interesting!
In other news…
- We went to Rome. I forgot all Roman history and brushed up.
- The ultimate breakfast sandwich. I wasn’t hungry a minute ago and now I am.
- Blogging without fear. Everything seems like such a good idea before I click ‘Publish.’
“Recognizing your fear of putting out a new idea, writing something honest, etc and then doing it anyways is how you overcome the feeling of fear. Sounds simple, but we all know it isn’t, but it also is all at the same time.”
- File under: what if I don’t always want to try so hard?
- Planning a road trip to the Balkans, and searching for resources. Send them my way! So far, Macedeonia, Albania and Serbia.
- Staycations are awesome, turns out.
Don’t forget – check out the Creative Accelerator bundle that is open until tomorrow (Saturday). That’s right – 72 hours, $2,000 worth of products, for an amazing low price. Get your growth on!