The weekend is upon us. Today I’m coming to you live from good ‘ole Indiana, where I grew up. I’m sitting in my childhood bedroom, doing my best to overcome debilitating jet lag, and eagerly awaiting a special breakfast of my mom’s famous pancakes (ok, they’re not famous, they’re Bisquick, but they’re just better when served by your mom on the same plates that have been in the cupboard for thirty years, with a side of orange juice in my favorite pink plastic cup, circa 1989).
Before we head down that long rabbit hole of nostalgia, where I’m bound to be wallowing for the next few days, I bring to you the very best that the Internet has to offer. These good reads kept me busy for a nice chunk of my hefty airport layover, and I hope they will serve you equally well the next time you find yourself in Newark, New Jersey.
It’s June, and summer is upon us. Which means, of course, summery cocktails that taste best on a deck at 9pm when it’s still light out. Here are a few that I’ll be sampling out back this weekend:
- Salted Watermelon Margarita
- Cucumber Rosemary Margarita
- Prosecco Cocktails
- Watermelon Mojitos
- Sweet Tea Sangria
In other edible news, getting the most out of the all-you-can-eat buffet.
What Everest climbers eat up there for weeks and/or months. You know, once their digestive systems have essentially shut down to allow them to survive.
And amen to overrated food trends.
I love a good, curated, photo project. Check out:
- The Louvre courtyard without its (now) iconic pyramid
- Munich, Germany, from above
- Project Sea Change, a photo documentary European youth
- Asylum seekers
- Untouched Europe, this time in Northern Sweden
I go through seasons of being fascinated with my own personal development, living mindfully, eating close to the earth, and writing reflectively. And then, usually around the appearance of beautiful warm days and lots of beers on patios, it all goes to hell. In anticipation:
- Keep life exciting with a few small changes
- If that list doesn’t suit, more options
- Becoming one with my hatred of email
- A Google hack to keep on track of my personal goals
- We just finished our London Summer Bucket List, for those days when the couch looks all too comfy
- Another take on making the most of the place you live
Did you hear we were cast in a global ad campaign? That was crazy.
Before I sign off for the weekend, wanted to raise a glass to one of our favorite traveling couples who have been an inspiration to us for years and and who recently celebrated seven years of nomadism. They have figured out how create a life of professional and personal fulfillment, all from a rotating selection of cities, villages and beaches. Congrats!